Featured events


7-9 September 2012
Brussels Games
Brussels

Brussels Gay Sports will offer a weekend of fun and fairplay in the capital of Europe, with volleyball, swimming, badminton, and tennis, as well as fitness and hiking.

Learn more HERE.
26-28 October 2012
QueergamesBern
Bern, Switzerland

The success of the first edition of the QueergamesBern proved the need for an LGBT multisport event in Switzerland. This year will be even bigger, with badminton, bowling, running, walking, floorball.

Learn more HERE.
17-20 January 2013
Sin City Shootout
Las Vegas
The 7th Sin City Shootout will feature softball, ice hockey, tennis, wrestling, basketball, dodgeball, bodybuilding and basketball.

Learn more HERE.

13-16 June 2013
IGLFA Euro Cup
Dublin
After this year's edition in Budapest at the EuroGames, the IGLFA Euro Cup heads to Dublin for 2013, hosted by the Dublin Devils and the Dublin Phoenix Tigers.

Learn more HERE.

Monday, August 24, 2009

FGG Ambassador Chris Morgan wins All England powerlifting championships

Chris Morgan, the current Gay Games Powerlifting champion has added The All England Championship to his growing list of honours. He was lifting in the national competition, held at Moulton College, Northampton, England and made lifts of 230 kilos in Squat, 115 kilos in Bench Press and 230 Kilos in Deadlift, giving him an overall total of 575 kilos. He was once again competing at an increased bodyweight of 82.4 kilos weight.

Speaking about the competition, Chris said: ‘It’s wonderful to get back to winning ways and take my first major title since the Gay Games in Chicago 2006. The result was surprising after picking up so many injuries over this six months. I still feel there is still plenty of improvement to come as my figures this weekend were not my best ever and I’m operating in this higher weight class. Some of the new training methods that I’m using are starting to pay dividends and I’m now looking forward to the international season which is about to start’.

Chris continued: ‘I’m very realistic about my prospects for the forthcoming World Championships and it’s important not to get too far ahead of myself. I’m working to a long term plan, which will hopefully prolong my career and allow me to compete in more competitions annually. I’d to take the opportunity of thanking all my supporters and friends at the Gay Games for their recent support and look forward to seeing them at Gay Games Cologne next August.’

Chris’s forthcoming competitions are the World Deadlift Championship to be held in Bradford, England on the 13th December 2009, World Drug Free Powerlifting Championships to be held in Milton Keynes, England on the14th & 15th November 2009 and The South West Divisional Championship in Newquay, England on the 6th December 2009

No comments: