Featured events


7-9 September 2012
Brussels Games
Brussels

Brussels Gay Sports will offer a weekend of fun and fairplay in the capital of Europe, with volleyball, swimming, badminton, and tennis, as well as fitness and hiking.

Learn more HERE.
26-28 October 2012
QueergamesBern
Bern, Switzerland

The success of the first edition of the QueergamesBern proved the need for an LGBT multisport event in Switzerland. This year will be even bigger, with badminton, bowling, running, walking, floorball.

Learn more HERE.
17-20 January 2013
Sin City Shootout
Las Vegas
The 7th Sin City Shootout will feature softball, ice hockey, tennis, wrestling, basketball, dodgeball, bodybuilding and basketball.

Learn more HERE.

13-16 June 2013
IGLFA Euro Cup
Dublin
After this year's edition in Budapest at the EuroGames, the IGLFA Euro Cup heads to Dublin for 2013, hosted by the Dublin Devils and the Dublin Phoenix Tigers.

Learn more HERE.

Friday, November 13, 2009

FGG member Equal Ground


A press release from member Equal Ground, Sri Lanka:

Sri Lankan Gay man granted Asylum in the US

We are pleased to announce another success in our long list of Asylum cases. Sam’s (not his real name) excited email reached us this morning – 13th November 2009 and reads:

“I am very happy to inform you that I was granted my gay asylum in USA. As I know I am the 3rd person whom granted gay asylum in USA. Equal Ground and you personally helped me on this matter a lot. I am thanking Equal Ground and personally for you Rosanna, because you helped me in every way not only giving a declaration, personally advising me on my problems which happen to me because of my gay activities… “

We are happy for Sam and wish him all the luck for his new life in the US.

EQUAL GROUND sincerely hopes that there will come a time when wonderful people such as Sam don’t have to flee this country because of the way they are treated here for being gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender. We hope in time, the laws will change and people are more accepting. In the meanwhile, we will do our utmost to assist those who need our help.

No comments: