Featured events


7-9 September 2012
Brussels Games
Brussels

Brussels Gay Sports will offer a weekend of fun and fairplay in the capital of Europe, with volleyball, swimming, badminton, and tennis, as well as fitness and hiking.

Learn more HERE.
26-28 October 2012
QueergamesBern
Bern, Switzerland

The success of the first edition of the QueergamesBern proved the need for an LGBT multisport event in Switzerland. This year will be even bigger, with badminton, bowling, running, walking, floorball.

Learn more HERE.
17-20 January 2013
Sin City Shootout
Las Vegas
The 7th Sin City Shootout will feature softball, ice hockey, tennis, wrestling, basketball, dodgeball, bodybuilding and basketball.

Learn more HERE.

13-16 June 2013
IGLFA Euro Cup
Dublin
After this year's edition in Budapest at the EuroGames, the IGLFA Euro Cup heads to Dublin for 2013, hosted by the Dublin Devils and the Dublin Phoenix Tigers.

Learn more HERE.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Interview with San Francisco Gay Games Athlete Reggie Snowden

L.K. Regan of RealJock.com gives us a preview of San Francisco track athlete Reggie Snowden.

"In the lead-up to the Gay Games, we are interviewing a few of the inspiring athletes traveling from the U.S. to Cologne, Germany to compete at the end of this month. Today we're introducing Reggie Snowden, a 45-year-old track and field athlete from San Francisco. Read our interview with Reggie, get to know him, and get in the spirit of the Games!

"Can you tell us a little about your background?
"I am originally from Portsmouth, Hew Hampshire and born in Kittery, Maine. Currently I call San Francisco my home after attending Yuba Community College and California State University, Chico. I have always been athletic. I play football, volleyball and tennis besides running. I love track and field and have been competing for 30 years. Former All-American in high school and I specialize in the 110 hurdles. I also triple jump, long jump, and make myself do the 400 intermediate hurdles. I have been trained to compete in multi T&F events. In high school at the end of the year, I competed in the Decathlon and progressively got better until my senior year when I placed second. I left high school with various school records in the hurdles and triple jump, and with multiple MVP awards."

Read the full interview HERE.

No comments: